> Homemaking Archives
Where in the World Do I Even Start to Get Organized?
By Maria Gracia
Have you always wanted to get organized, but keep putting it off? Perhaps you're not sure where to begin? Or maybe you're feeling overwhelmed? Is it possible that you feel you don't have enough time? Here are a few ideas to get your started:
- CLOSE YOUR EYES AND TAKE A DEEP BREATH. Dream, for a moment, about how wonderful life is going to be when your environment is clutter free and organized. Focus on the dream--not the effort.
- START SOMEWHERE. Not sure where to start? It really doesn't matter. The important thing is that you just start somewhere. Just by getting started, you're halfway there!
- WHAT'S BOTHERING YOU THE MOST? This is usually the best place to begin. If you hate that pile of papers on your desk, start there. If you're getting stressed because you can't fit another item on the kitchen counter, than you've found the perfect starting point.
- FOCUS ON A LITTLE BIT AT A TIME. Rather than thinking about the huge project ahead, break that project up into manageable tasks. For instance, if you want to organize the boxes in your attic, you might consider going through one box per day, until it's all complete.
- ASK SOMEONE TO BUG YOU. Tell a close friend, relative or someone on the Get Organized Now! Discussion Forum, what you plan to organize, and by what date. Then, simply ask that person to bug you a few days before to see if you've done it yet. A little outside motivation is often an enormous help!
- BRIBE YOURSELF. Make something you love to do, dependant on the completion of today's task. If you promise yourself that you will not watch your favorite television program tonight, unless you work for 15 minutes on organizing your paper piles, you're sure to get that small task finished. No cheating allowed.
Join the Christian Mommies Forums to participate in our friendly online community, and have grown-up conversation with other Christian moms. As an alternative try our "Mom Site" Affiliate Moms of Faith's online community.
Christian Mommies Home Page - Site Map
Facebook Page - Pinterest - Twitter
Copyright © 2001-2018 Christian-Mommies.com ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.