> Homemaking Archives
Top 10 Ways to Organize and Simplify Your Life
By Maria Gracia
In the words of Henry David Thoreau, Simplify, Simplify. Here are the Get Organized Now! Top 10 ways to organize and simplify your life.
- LESS IS MORE. It's more important to have a few nice things that you truly enjoy, than to just have lots of stuff. Say goodbye to things that don't fit, are out of style or are unflattering. This goes for clothing, furniture, knick knacks, and other possessions you're not happy with.
- CONSOLIDATE CREDIT CARDS. Most stores take Visa, MasterCard and American Express. Pay off your other credit cards, and in the future use only one or two of these major credit cards. Or, if possible, use cash or your ATM card for purchases.
- DON'T BUY DRY CLEAN ONLY CLOTHES. There are plenty of nice, washable clothes available for both business and pleasure. You'll spend less time and money at the dry cleaners. The same goes for bedspreads, curtains, etc.
- SCREEN YOUR CALLS. Let your answering machine take all your phone calls, and return calls on your time.
- DON'T SWEAT THE SMALL STUFF. Don't allow trivial matters to aggravate you. If the milk spills, wipe it up and move on to more important things.
- GET HELP. Don't try to do everything yourself. Split up household responsibilities among family members. Delegate to your staff. Outsource projects, repairs and so on.
- DON'T TRY TO REMEMBER EVERYTHING. There's no need to store it in your memory. Write it down, and write it in one place so that you can find it easily.
- WATCH TV ON YOUR TERMS. If your favorite program isn't on at a convenient time, use your VCR and record it. Then, watch it when you want to--without all the commercials!
- DON'T OVER-SCHEDULE YOUR CHILDREN. Too many activities can cause a strain on your children, and you!
- PLAN EACH DAY. Spend 10 minutes each night, planning for tomorrow. You'll be focused and ready to take on the world each morning!
Join the Christian Mommies Forums to participate in our friendly online community, and have grown-up conversation with other Christian moms. As an alternative try our "Mom Site" Affiliate Moms of Faith's online community.
Christian Mommies Home Page - Site Map
Facebook Page - Pinterest - Twitter
Copyright © 2001-2017 Christian-Mommies.com ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.