By Cyndi Roberts
Whether in the garden, yard or in the house, all of us have, at one time or another, had to deal with pests.
Here are some ways to get rid of insects and other pests without spending a lot on expensive products.
1. For garden pests, make a mixture of 1 tablespoon liquid dishwashing soap and 1 cup of cooking oil. Mix about 3 tablespoons of this concentrate with a quart of water in a pump bottle and spray on plants.
Another recipe for insect control: soak citrus rind (lemon, orange, grapefruit) in water for a few days. Pour the water into a pump bottle and spray on plants.
2. Sprinkle cayenne pepper around plants to keep cats away.
3. Cucumber peel on a kitchen shelf will deter ants. You can also try washing or spraying your cabinets with vinegar and water.
4. Basil is a natural insect repellent. Keep a pot in your kitchen. Take a few leaves along with you on a picnic and put them out on the table to keep the flies away.
5. Bay leaves in your pantry will keep pests away. A bay leaf in a container of flour, cornmeal, or cereal will keep weevils out.
6. Plant peppermint around your house. It will keep ants out and it repels mice also.
7. Also cinnamon sprinkled around your foundation is said to keep ants out.
8. Weeds are not really pests, but they can be really pesky! Hot water will kill most unwanted plants --just boil some water and pour it over the plant you want to kill.
9. Mint teabags can be used in your clothing drawers or in your closet to repel moths.
Try these tips and do a little bit to help the environment and your budget at the same time.
Join the Christian Mommies Forums to participate in our friendly online community, and have grown-up conversation with other Christian moms. As an alternative try our "Mom Site" Affiliate Moms of Faith's online community.
Christian Mommies Home Page - Site Map
Facebook Page - Pinterest - Twitter
Copyright © 2001-2020 Christian-Mommies.com ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.