> Homemaking Archives
Kick the Procrastination Habit
By Maria Gracia
"I'll get to it--when I get a chance."
You know what that means, don't you? You'll never get to it! Here are 8 simple ways to kick the procrastination habit and start getting things done.
- BREAK IT DOWN. Seem overwhelming? Don't look at everything as one big project. Break goals, projects or tasks down into small parts. Assign a specific deadline (date and time) to each part.
- WRITE IT DOWN. Make it official by recording on paper, what needs to be done. When it's written down, it's more concrete, and there's a greater chance you'll start and complete it.
- TELL SOMEONE. Tell a friend, associate or loved one what your plans are. Discuss decisions that need to be made with others. Ask a friend or associate for some ongoing motivation. Sometimes an outside perspective may be all you need to get started.
- SCHEDULE. Establish a regular time each day to work on your goal, project or task.
- USE PROPER TOOLS. Organize your environment, complete with the tools you need, so it is conducive to working.
- POST REMINDERS. Keep your goals in front of you. Post reminders of your goals and deadlines where you can constantly see them.
- I'LL ONLY DO THIS, IF I COMPLETE . . . Make something you normally do and enjoy contingent upon doing the avoided task. For example: "I will not watch my favorite television program until I complete Part A of my project." -- By the way, no fair cheating!!
- SET REWARDS. Set rewards for your ultimate goals and mini-goals. You'll constantly have something enjoyable to look forward to.
Join the Christian Mommies Forums to participate in our friendly online community, and have grown-up conversation with other Christian moms. As an alternative try our "Mom Site" Affiliate Moms of Faith's online community.
Christian Mommies Home Page - Site Map
Facebook Page - Pinterest - Twitter
Copyright © 2001-2017 Christian-Mommies.com ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.