Ideas from Are You the One for Me? By Barbara DeAngelis
By Patricia Morgan
Barbara DeAngelis’ Are You the One for Me? makes deciding to begin or to end an intimate relationship much easier. Some of the book’s highlights include:
Relationships don’t work because:
You are loving the right person but not doing love effectively or You are not loving the right person.
Five Deadly Love Myths
1. True Love Conquers All.
2. When it’s True Love, I will know. It will be “Love at First Sight.”
3. There is Only One True Love Person for Me.
4. The Perfect Partner Will Fulfill You in Every Way.
5. The Perfect Partner is the One with Whom You have Sexual Chemistry.
Seven Wrong Reasons for Having a Relationship
1. Pressure about your age or situation from family or friends. You give your
2. Loneliness and desperation.
3. Sexual hunger.
4. Distraction for your own life. You love the distraction, not the person.
5. Not wanting to grow up.
7. Wanting to fill up a spiritual or emotional void with a relationship.
Right Reasons to Fall in Love
1. You feel full of LOVE and want to share it. Fullness, not emptiness, creates
2. You are willing to learn more about yourself by looking into the mirror of the other.
How to tell if you are ready for a relationship:
Am I emotionally free from a previous relationship?
Am I still in love with a previous love?
Do I like myself? Do I believe no one would want to be in relationship with me?
Am I free of addictions?
Do I feel lonely and desperate without a relationship?
Am I unwilling to talk about my feelings with others?
Do I feel emotionally empty?
Do I believe I have little to offer to a mate?