By Patricia Twitchell
The Teddy Bear Lady of Myrtle Creek
The holidays can be one of the most exciting times of year and at the same time, one of the most stressful. To avoid unnecessary stress you can take a few simple steps to ease through the season with joy, ease and fun.
1. If you are going to shop Ė pace yourself. You donít have to get everything done in one trip. Set aside a short period of time over several days rather than trying to accomplish everything in one trip. For some people, this type of shopping is favorable to doing everything in one trip.
2. There are some personality types who find it less stressful to get all their shopping done in one shopping spree. They do better to complete all shopping in one trip. It saves the need to make several trips to the stores. This is a great way to avoid the crowds often associated with the holiday season.
3. Shop in smaller stores. You will avoid crowds by visiting small shops in quaint towns. Often, you will receive more personalized service due to the owner being the one to serve you.
4. Get your gifts wrapped as soon as you purchase them. This one tip can save countless hours of frustration. There are still shops that will take care of the gift wrapping at no additional cost. Even if you have to pay, the convenience alone may be worth it.
5. Write a list of people you plan to shop for. To avoid unnecessary debt put a dollar amount you are able to comfortably afford. Stay within your budget. Although a couple dollars here and there doesnít seem like much, it can quickly add up.
6. Be aware of misleading sale items. Often what may seem like a great deal really isnít. If you are buying a large ticket item, do some research before you go shopping. You can save an incredible amount of money by doing so.
7. Enjoy the experience. Often people get so caught up in the pressures of the holiday season they forget to enjoy themselves. Relax in the experience.
8. Remember, the holidays are all about sharing with others. It isnít about how big a gift you can give, In fact, your expression from the heart is the greatest gift you can give.
Join the Christian Mommies Forums to participate in our friendly online community, and have grown-up conversation with other Christian moms. As an alternative try our "Mom Site" Affiliate Moms of Faith's online community.
Christian Mommies Home Page - Site Map
Facebook Page - Pinterest - Twitter
Copyright © 2001-2018 Christian-Mommies.com ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.