> Homemaking Archives
6 Tips for Getting Organized in the New Year
By Maria Gracia
This year can be your most organized yet, if you follow these simple tips:
- SET GOALS WITH DEADLINES. The first step in getting organized is goal setting. Do you want to organize your home? Your office? Your exercise program? Your family? Your time? Jot down exactly what you want to do, and designate a deadline for accomplishing that goal. The deadline should be as specific as possible (e.g. Feb 10, or July 7, etc.)
- MAKE MINI-GOALS. Break your goals down into small, bite-sized pieces. For instance, instead of a large goal, such as organizing your entire house, choose one room at a time. Or, instead of organizing all of your business files, start with one drawer. Smaller pieces are easier to accomplish.
- DESIGNATE REWARDS. Always designate an enticing reward for each goal you accomplish. The reward acts as your motivator and helps you achieve your objectives.
- USE A CHEERING SECTION. Inform your family and/or friends of your goals. Ask them for their support. Ask them to ask you about your accomplishments from time to time, so you stay on track.
- LAUGH AT MINOR SETBACKS. Don't expect everything to run perfectly smooth. As with any improvement you're trying to make, there are bound to be bumps in the road. Don't get discouraged. Ask questions. If it looks like you're not going to accomplish your goal by your deadline, simply reschedule. It's better to get back on track, than to give up.
- KEEP A 'CAN DO' ATTITUDE. Attitude is everything. If you think you're going to fail, you will. If you think you're going to succeed, you will. Zig Ziglar, a motivational speaker, always says that to succeed, you must get rid of that 'stinkin' thinkin' and set your mind to achieving your goals.
Join the Christian Mommies Forums to participate in our friendly online community, and have grown-up conversation with other Christian moms. As an alternative try our "Mom Site" Affiliate Moms of Faith's online community.
Christian Mommies Home Page - Site Map
Facebook Page - Pinterest - Twitter
Copyright © 2001-2017 Christian-Mommies.com ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.