> Homemaking Archives
6 Organizing Tips for the Summer
By Maria Gracia
Summer's here! It's a wonderful time to get organized, so you can enjoy the sunshine!
- READY FOR A COOKOUT. Do you have cook outs in the summer? Keep all of the barbecue supplies (charcoal, wood chips, lighter fluid, spatula, etc.) organized in a crate, so they're handy when you need them.
- MAKE A SPLASH. If you have a swimming pool, don't spend the summer searching for misplaced pool supplies. Keep your chlorine, testers, pool patches, etc. in one consistent place.
- IT'S A FAMILY AFFAIR. Mowing the grass, gardening, washing the car, cleaning out the garage--it really should be a family affair. In other words, everyone should help. Make a summer schedule, assigning various members of your family to specific chores. Make sure you follow-up so it gets done.
- TAKE IT OUTSIDE. The weather is just beautiful and you want to be outside, but you have chores to do. A dilemma? It doesn't have to be. Take your chores outside! There are tons of things you can do in your own backyard. Read your mail, balance your checkbook, polish the silverware, write a letter by hand or on your laptop, make some calls on your cell phone, peel potatoes--the list is endless.
- HAVE A DE-CLUTTER PARTY. Schedule a day on your calendar to have a de-clutter party. Invite family and friends. Everyone should bring at least 3 things they no longer need or want. These items can be placed in a large box and then donated the next day to a charity organization. (Many charity organizations will actually do home pick-up, so check with those organizations in your area.) This is a great way to get organized, but also to help out those people that are less fortunate.
- MAKE PLANS FOR SOME OUTINGS. Many towns offer free or low-cost art fairs, festivals, concerts, sporting events and more. Why not take a few moments to find out what's happening in your town? Then, schedule some time on your calendar to have some fun!
Join the Christian Mommies Forums to participate in our friendly online community, and have grown-up conversation with other Christian moms. As an alternative try our "Mom Site" Affiliate Moms of Faith's online community.
Christian Mommies Home Page - Site Map
Facebook Page - Pinterest - Twitter
Copyright © 2001-2018 Christian-Mommies.com ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.