By Denise Willms
Is this the year you want to follow God's plan for your business, instead of what everyone else thinks you should do? Here are five things I do when I'm seeking God's plan for my business.
1. Stop listening to the goals others are setting. For me, this might mean a few days away from my online groups where goal-setting is discussed. Ignoring all the blog posts about planning now for a prosperous new year. Ditching the tools that everyone else has created to help me plan my year, and picking up the tool created by the One who has already planned my steps for me – the Bible.
2. Reconnect with God and His idea of success. When I need to stop hearing the voices of the world, and listen to God's voice instead, spending time alone with Him, and reading His Word, helps me refocus on Him and listen better.
3. Plan to spend time with God each day. When you let God plan your year, you don't need to know right now what your plans for the year are. Pray for continued guidance, and that He will reveal His plans for your business in His time. Then set aside time each day to hear what He has to say. One way you can track the plans God reveals to you is by keeping a prayer journal of your thoughts and reflections while you spend time with Him, then reviewing it regularly.
4. Listen to what God tells you. How does God speak to you? For me, sometimes it's a verse that just leaps out at me while I'm reading the Bible. Sometimes it's something someone else says. Sometimes it's just a still small voice.
However God speaks to you, you will probably hear Him more clearly when you start obeying His leading. Not sure if something on your mind comes from God, or if it's your own idea? Test it by taking the next logical step (as long as it's not something condemned by God and His Word). If doors continue to open for you, it could be God's leading.
5. Seek wise and godly counsel. When you're discovering God's plan for your business, it might be helpful for you to work with a life or business coach. I like to make sure that anyone who speaks into my own life has a relationship with God, and is sensitive to His leading as well.
When you let God make your business plans for you, you'll need to keep your eyes and ears open for God's leading. He could reveal His perfect plan for you when you least expect it. You might be surprised to discover the exciting plans He has for your business this year!
Join the Christian Mommies Forums to participate in our friendly online community, and have grown-up conversation with other Christian moms. As an alternative try our "Mom Site" Affiliate Moms of Faith's online community.
Christian Mommies Home Page - Site Map
Facebook Page - Pinterest - Twitter
Copyright © 2001-2017 Christian-Mommies.com ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.