> Homemaking Archives
5 Tips for Finding the Energy To Declutter
By Maria Gracia
Does the thought of getting organized sap your energy? It doesn't have to. Here are 5 energizing ideas.
- TAKE A DEEP BREATH. Getting overwhelmed just looking at the clutter is one of the greatest excuses not to start. Take a deep breath and focus on one small area. Once that area is done, there will be plenty of time for the rest.
- EARLY BIRD OR NIGHT OWL. There's no doubt about it. Organizing your home or office does take some energy. That's why knowing your peak energy level is so important. If you're an early bird and your energy level is very high in the morning, that's the best time for you to declutter. If you have more energy at night, organize during that time instead.
- KNOW YOUR LIMITS. Some people are at their best when they work in long, marathon sessions. Others can only work for 15 minutes at a time. Determine your limits and set your organizing schedule within that timeframe.
- EAT HEALTHY, GET ENOUGH REST. Not eating nutritious meals regularly, and/or not sleeping enough, both highly contribute to feeling sluggish and disoriented. Most people need 3 nutritious meals per day (stay away from foods that can make you sleepy such as white flour and sugar), and require at least 7 hours of sleep or more per night. You may be amazed at how much more you can get done if you adjust these two areas.
- MEGA MUSIC. Listening to cheery, upbeat music when you're organizing can really get you moving, and keep you alert. Don't play it so loud so that it's a distraction. Keep it at an enjoyable, background level.
Join the Christian Mommies Forums to participate in our friendly online community, and have grown-up conversation with other Christian moms. As an alternative try our "Mom Site" Affiliate Moms of Faith's online community.
Christian Mommies Home Page - Site Map
Facebook Page - Pinterest - Twitter
Copyright © 2001-2018 Christian-Mommies.com ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.