> Homemaking Archives
5 Simple Post Holiday Organizing Tips
By Maria Gracia
Keeping everything organized 'after' the holiday season, will ensure that next year's holiday is merrier than ever. Here are 5 simple ideas.
- HAVE AN UN-DECORATING PARTY. Set a date to undecorate. Get family and friends involved, and you'll get it all done in no time! Make it a party. After everything is stored away and cleaned up, enjoy food, music and conversation with everyone who helped.
- UN-TRIM THE TREE. Don't remove lights and ornaments from the tree before developing an organized system. Wrap strings of holiday lights around cardboard so they're not in a tangled mess next December. Store ornaments in an ornament container with divided sections, or simply in a large, sturdy, plastic container. Be sure to wrap fragile ornaments in bubble wrap.
- STORE SMART. Do your best to keep all of your holiday decorations in one or two containers. You won't need these things until next year, so store them in an out-of-the-way place. I have an area in my home for my year-round holiday decorations. All the Christmas decorations are in one container, and all of the other holiday decorations (Easter, Halloween, etc) are stored in another container.
- UPDATE YOUR HOLIDAY CARD LIST. The very best time to update your holiday card list for next year, is at the end of this year's holiday season. Add, modify or delete as needed, and your list will be updated and ready to use in December. P.S. If you missed sending a holiday card to someone this year, send him/her a New Year's card instead!
- KEEP A HOLIDAY JOURNAL. A holiday journal is a wonderful place to keep track of things you'd like to remember from year to year. Perhaps you'd like to keep track of things such as what gifts were given/received, favorite holiday recipes, meals your family especially enjoyed, etc. A journal will help you keep track of everything.
Join the Christian Mommies Forums to participate in our friendly online community, and have grown-up conversation with other Christian moms. As an alternative try our "Mom Site" Affiliate Moms of Faith's online community.
Christian Mommies Home Page - Site Map
Facebook Page - Pinterest - Twitter
Copyright © 2001-2017 Christian-Mommies.com ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.