By Terri Seymour
1. Cut out the soda and drink more water! You'd be surprised how much you will save.
2. Go over your grocery list. Try buying more off-brands. Most of the ones I've tried are just as good as their more expensive counterparts.
3. Buy clothes and shoes for you and the kids from the clearance racks. I have been buying my sons' school clothes this way for years!
4. Get movies from the library instead of renting them.
5. Same with books, borrow instead of buy. We usually only read them once anyway.
6. Go on a picnic instead of going to the restaurant. It is more fun and much cheaper!
7. Toss all your change in a "piggy bank" of some kind and let it accumulate for a few months or longer. You will think you struck it rich! (Not really, but it does add up)
8. If you have all the movie channels, cut them down a bit. Most of the movies rotate through them all anyway.
9. Do your laundry at night. The rates are cheaper.
10. Give your clothes an extra spin as it costs less to run a washer than the dryer.
11. Ask your credit card companies for a lower interest rate. Sometimes rather than lose a good customer, they will grant your wish!
12. Buy your holiday decorations AFTER the holiday. You can save up to 75% or more.
13. Turn down your heat a couple degrees more at night and throw on an extra blanket.
14. Clean behind your refrigerator at least once a year to get out all the dust and dirt that can cost you more money.
15. Save empty bread bags and grocery bags instead of buying box after box of storage bags.
16. Keep your car tune and your tires properly inflated to save money on gas.
17. Buy inexpensive fabric for cloth napkins, doilies, etc.
18. Be creative when it comes to decorating. Use sheets to make curtains. Use an old quilt as a cozy wall-hanging. Create an artful display with family photos.
19. Save the new, convenient plastic coffee cans with handles. Paint them, decorate them and use them for organizers for kids art supplies, your CDs, pens & pencils, food envelopes, recipes, craft supplies, etc.
20. Turn unused stuff into money. If you have a gift you haven't used or that shirt you bought and never wore, take them back to the store. You might not get full price, but some is better than none.
21. Use petroleum jelly to remove make-up. It is much more economical then beauty products made for removing make-up.
22. Hydrogen peroxide can be used to kill germs in cuts and sores rather then expensive antibiotic medicines.
23. Make windowsill or container gardens and grow herbs and fresh vegetables.
24. Instead of a night on the town, send the kids to Grandma's and have a romantic night at home.
25. Make and STICK TO a budget! Find out more by emailing email@example.com
Join the Christian Mommies Forums to participate in our friendly online community, and have grown-up conversation with other Christian moms. As an alternative try our "Mom Site" Affiliate Moms of Faith's online community.
Christian Mommies Home Page - Site Map
Facebook Page - Pinterest - Twitter
Copyright © 2001-2017 Christian-Mommies.com ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.