Short Shots On Living An Outstanding Life With Jesus
By Lee Wise
In my opinion, these things matter...
42. Standing for what's right when everything's wrong, and saying "I'm wrong" when something's not right.
43. Teaching what I believe by what I do.
44. Letting the music play.
45. Knowing I can and seeking help when I can't.
46. Enjoying Jesus.
47. Laughing with Jesus.
48. Relating to Jesus as my Friend.
49. Just doing nothing at just the right time.
50. Not allowing hypocritical "followers of Jesus" to become my personal excuse for living a comprised life instead of a life of commitment.
51. Daring to dream with Jesus.
52. Filling my mind with all that is excellent, truthful, full of hope, and worthy of thinking about again.
53. Kisses that say "I love you" more than "I need you."
54. Obeying Jesus out of love instead of "keeping the rules" out of obligation.
55. Doing what I can do well instead of trying to do what Jesus has not gifted me to do at all.
56. Treasuring ideas for their untapped potential.
59. And having fun.
60. Refusing to believe lies about myself or others regardless of the source -- including what I hear from within.
61. Realizing the deceitfulness of the lie that says, "The pleasures of the world exceed the pleasures of a loving relationship with Jesus."
62. Trusting enough to see good in people without blindly trusting in the goodness of all people.
63. Success without self-absorption.
64. Seeking to influence generations for Christ.
65. Being committed to role of the family in the plan of God.
66. Showing I know the difference between keeping the rules and listening with understanding.
67. Winning with dignity.
68. Losing with grace.
69. And learning from both.
70. Playing my part in God's redemptive plan according to the gifts, talents and desires He has entrusted to my care.
71. Believing in all my possibilities -- and yours too.
72. Sharing everything with Jesus. And I do mean everything.
73. Constantly asking the God of grace to graciously guard all my heart for all my life.
74. Stiving to be graceful as much as I strive to be holy.
75. Appreciating the wisdom of maturity and the beauty of childhood.
76. Loving God by loving God and man.
77. Avoiding the bondage of bitterness, the deceit of wealth without character, and the vanity of pride without gratefulness.
78. Doing what God wants me to do when he wants me to do it.
79. Endeavoring to cross the finish line thrilled instead of regretful; fruitful instead of barren.
80. Realizing that forgiveness in Christ doesn't mean that I forget the wrongs done to me or those I love. I don't forget. Rather, through the power of Christ I don't allow non-biblical feelings to dictate how I live the remainder of my life.
81. Viewing heaven as the "my last stop" and living like I truly believe it.
82. Loving for all I'm worth because in the end it's worth it all.
83. Loving God for all He's worth because He always has been -- and always will be -- worth it all.
Yours for many hope-filled days in Jesus,
Also from Christian-Mommies.com: |
83 Things That Really Do Matter: Part One
Join the Christian Mommies Forums to participate in our friendly online community, and have grown-up conversation with other Christian moms. As an alternative try our "Mom Site" Affiliate Moms of Faith's online community.
Christian Mommies Home Page - Site Map
Facebook Page - Pinterest - Twitter
Copyright © 2001-2017 Christian-Mommies.com ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.