Thread: Castor oil inductions

Default Natural ways to help induce labor

I thought this article was interesting because it has a lot of "recipes" to make your castor oil cocktail lol
    http://www.birthingnaturally.net/cn/...ue/castor.html
    Last edited by melinda; 05-03-2012 at 10:46 PM.
    Mom to 4 boys (10,7,4,3)

Oh I tried this one with no results but others have, it's epo you use as suppositories to ripen cervix http://www.birthingnaturally.net/cn/.../primrose.html
    Mom to 4 boys (10,7,4,3)

And I have never tried this but heard so much about it

Red raspberry leaf tea
    http://www.birthingnaturally.net/cn/...raspberry.html
    Mom to 4 boys (10,7,4,3)

Well I just kept adding things then I decided to change the thread name to "natural ways to induce labor" but I don't know how to do that lol
    Mom to 4 boys (10,7,4,3)

I used red raspberry tea during my pregnancy with Em. Used EPO vaginally for weeks before she was born. I went pretty fast, 5 hours with my first and almost 10lbs.
    Did castor oil with Mak four days in a row but come to find out not enough, so it ended up not working. I would try it again if I had too!! LOL
    Nipple stimulation can be good to start labor. Using a breast pump on a high setting for long stimulation can really help kick it in.
    I was having the most amazing belly rub the whole night I was working when my water broke with Mak. The massage kept pushing Mak down against my cervix, and a few hours later...pop! Water broke!!

blessings,
    Amber
    Mom to Emma Simone (9/1/05), Noah Reagan (5/1/07-5/3/07), Makelah Rose (9/11/08 ), Savannah Kacy Grace (11/05/10), Spencer Casey (11/05/10), and Xander due 10/2012

I used EPO in the last 2-3 weeks with my last pregnancy. It didn't start labor, which was not why I was trying it - I do think it helped to ripen my cervix, it was the shortest/easiest labor by far - only 5 hrs from start to finish, which for me is amazing. My previous labors were between 15-23 hrs. I almost tried castor oil but chickened out bec I have digestive issues as it is and did not want to risk it.

I have had red raspberry leaf tea, but not consistently and not while exercising so I don't know if it ever did anything.

I did castor oil with Grace. That was around 11pm, with some OJ. Woke up around 3am. Back and forth to the bathroom. Quickly turned into contractions. I was holdiner her at 1pm that day! Yeah, the bathroom trips weren't lovely but, ya know, I get sick during labor anyway. I might as well be cleaned out at the get-go.
    Daughter of the King
    Wife to one
    Mama of two

Too many blessings to count

What does the Red Raspberry Leaf Tea taste like? Because I loooooooove raspberries and I love raspberry flavored anything! Does it taste like raspberries? Or not so much??
    Daughter of the King
    Wife to one
    Mama of two

Too many blessings to count

This is all interesting to know I only tried these with one pregnancy though so I haven't labeled them as useless or doesn't work, it was with ds3 the only one I carried past 38wks, I would try them again if I ever go past 38wks again lol
    Mom to 4 boys (10,7,4,3)

Quote Originally Posted by melloyellochelle View Post
    What does the Red Raspberry Leaf Tea taste like? Because I loooooooove raspberries and I love raspberry flavored anything! Does it taste like raspberries? Or not so much??
    Nope. Not fruity at all really. I don't think it has a bad flavour, but I would describe it as mildly bitter. I was told to mix it with a second teabag flavour of my choice if I didn't like the taste, but never bothered.

I did castor oil this time. However I took it with lemon verbena which is also supposed to help get labour going. It worked!
    Kim
    Wife to Alan 01
    Mom to Liam 7, Fiona 6, Callum 3, Alanna 2 and Malcolm (April)!!

To Him who by the power at work within us is able to accomplish abundantly far more than all we can ask or imagine, to Him be the glory ~Eph. 3:20

http://cardsbykim.wordpress.com