Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Blisters on feet

Thinking about you and your little guys today, hope everyone sleeps well and is healing.

Ugh well he now has blisters on his butt I am now rethinking the whole hand foot mouth disease but then again that's his only symptom no sores in mouth no fever and definitely didn't slow down in eating lol well $250 down for one kid(2yr old) maybe he can wait til Friday I don't have anymore money lol

Oh and they still don't itch this is just all so strange to me lol
    Mom to 4 boys (10,7,4,3)

poor baby. Would the drs office do some kind of plan so you don't have to pay all at once? I don't think it is good that it is spreading Praying for him.

Yeah I don't like it either it's on other butt cheek now I called my mom and put out a loan with her lol so he will be seeing the dr today if I can get in with the one dr I really like, I finally found on google what I think it is, impetigo I really don't know how you get it or anything but looks like his on his butt and the only thing I find with blisters that don't itch
    Mom to 4 boys (10,7,4,3)

I was right lol I figured it out last night but it was to late it is so bad it needs oral antibiotics, and some muciprin cream(bactriban?) for the real bad blisters so if I would of kept doing the bandaids and neosporin like I was in the very beginning I might of licked it lol oh well lesson learned if its fungal it will likely itch if it's no itching then it's probably not fungus so stick with neosporin or something along that line
    Mom to 4 boys (10,7,4,3)

Glad you got treatment for it! I hope he heals up soon and no one else gets it.

Is there any natural treatments for impetigo? I would love to know to do that with antibiotics so we can get this over with faster, we have issues with ds2 of not using soap he just showers and rinses the dirt off we have to ask him and send him to shower again and busy hurry days sometimes we forget ask if he used soap, he does shower every single day, I told him this is from not bathing properly with soap, he says he will always scrub with soap now in the shower lol because bless his heart it's uncomfortable to sit
    Mom to 4 boys (10,7,4,3)

I don't think he will need any antibiotics other than what the dr gave him? I am confused by the "I would love to know to do that with antibiotics" in the beginning of the post. Maybe you just meant something extra to use with the oral & cream antibiotics and I am just dense today.

Kids health just said this about treatment http://kidshealth.org/parent/infecti.../impetigo.html
    Treatment
    When it just affects a small area of the skin (and especially if it is the non-bullous form), impetigo can usually be treated with antibiotic ointment. But if the infection has spread to other areas of the body, or the ointment isn't working, the doctor may prescribe an antibiotic pill or liquid, which is generally taken for 7-10 days.

Once antibiotic treatment begins, healing should start within a few days. It's important to make sure that your child takes the medication as the doctor has prescribed. Otherwise, a deeper and more serious skin infection could develop.

While the infection is healing, gently wash the areas of infected skin with clean gauze and antiseptic soap every day. Soak any areas of crusted skin in warm soapy water to help remove the layers of crust (it is not necessary to completely remove all of it).

To keep your child from spreading impetigo to other parts of the body, the doctor or nurse will probably recommend covering infected areas of skin with gauze and tape or a loose plastic bandage. Keep your child's fingernails short and clean.
    I tried to find some consistent natural suggestions online for what to use for impetigo but no one seemed to agree on what to try (coconut oil, collodial silver, grapefruit seed extract) and all of the responses I saw were using the natural things on top of what the doctor gave them, not just alone, so it is hard to know if it helped or was unecessary. I also read that OTC neosporin isn't strong enough to kill impetigo, it has to be an Rx strength antibiotic ointment, so don't feel bad about that. If he is taking his pills and using the cream, washing and covering the sores/blisters with bandages and everyone washes their hands a lot it should be gone soon. Praying! It stinks when your kids are all sick at once.
    Last edited by ChamomileFriend; 05-09-2012 at 01:14 PM.

I think it was my wording lol I am going to do all the antibiotics and I have antibiotic ointment for his sores I was wondering anything else that I could do with all that to help clear him up faster, he bathes in antibacterial soap every night when he actually uses soap now that he has this I am gonna stay on top of him using soap because just rinsing off isn't cleaning and I hope he learned his lesson lol and also embarrasses me reading the print out they gave me, bathe every night change clothes daily to prevent getting this and he does do this, I am very picky about cleanliness and sanitary, we practice good hand washing, and hand sanitizers, since they bathe every night they have clean undies and socks and clothes every day, man that paper print out made me feel nasty lol I can do bandaids on his butt which I have been because he says I makes it more comfortable to sit so he has like 7 bandaids on his butt lol but his toes I can't I can smear the ointment in them but wondering if soaking his feet in something would help also with the antibiotics and prescription ointment, like soak feet then out Rx ointment in them afterwards or something to make them heel even faster or more comfortable while they heal
    Mom to 4 boys (10,7,4,3)

I hope your babies are better soon - praying for you all. It is hard keeping boys clean and without injury. Hopefully he knows soap is his friend now *hugs*

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast