Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21

Thread: Blisters on feet

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    535

    Default Blisters on feet

    My 7yr old has big blisters on his feet that I believe now are spreading he does not have any on hands or mouth ever so I don't think it's hand foot mouth disease unless it can just be on the feet? It does not itch at all just pus like and looks just like blisters as big as a dimes, he had one on one toe then next day 2 on next toe then 3 more on other toes now its on his other toes(okay not feet they are just only on the toes), what do you think it is and what do you recommend to put on them because they do hurt and burn he says and no one else has this, any ideas to keep it that way too lol sanitary method to keep from spreading to brothers that share everything practically, TIA
    Last edited by melinda; 05-03-2012 at 09:36 PM.
    Mom to 4 boys (10,7,4,3)

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    535

    Default

    Can it be a fungal that doesn't itch? I think I will try that way what's the best natural remedy for a fungal or yeast? I been doing neosporin and it not helping but getting worse so I think fungal, is tea tree oil good? Or is there any better
    Mom to 4 boys (10,7,4,3)

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by melinda View Post
    My 7yr old has big blisters on his feet that I believe now are spreading he does not have any on hands or mouth ever so I don't think it's hand foot mouth disease unless it can just be on the feet? It does not itch at all just pus like and looks just like blisters as big as a dimes, he had one on one toe then next day 2 on next toe then 3 more on other toes now its on his other toes(okay not feet they are just only on the toes), what do you think it is and what do you recommend to put on them because they do hurt and burn he says and no one else has this, any ideas to keep it that way too lol sanitary method to keep from spreading to brothers that share everything practically, TIA

    Are they leaking yellow(or any color other than clear) pus? If so it might be an infection that needs a much stronger anti-bacterial than just neosporin or tea tree oil. If the liquid coming out is the regular clear color and it is burning and hurting, it could be fungal, although I have never heard of athlete's foot causing blisters so it might be something else. Is he wearing the same shoes every day? With or without socks? Maybe it is just the shoes causing the blisters? I hope you get answers soon.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    535

    Default

    No just clear fluid, he did mention once that they burn, he's wearing socks and shoes to school, it's the same shoes since Christmas I did check to see if he grown out of them already and he still good so I dont really think its the shoes, I do have lotrimin I put on tonight since I didn't know what else to put on there, I am going tomorrow to stock up on some anti fungal stuff read apple cider vinegar is good too, I need to wash their socks in something since he shares socks with ds1, and clean the shower, An older gent from the war said athlete feet that it will blister but he never did answer my question on if it itched since every one says athletes foot itches, I can't afford a dr visit so I hope I figure something out, been praying for wisdom too on what to do
    Mom to 4 boys (10,7,4,3)

  5. #5

    Default

    Can he wear sandals? Whether it is just from wearing the same shoes daily or athlete's foot, air and a little sunshine can help blisters to heal faster and also kill fungus because no moisture is allowed to gather on the foot/toes.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Midwest
    Age
    32
    Posts
    797

    Default

    TTO is a great antifungal (and antibacterial). You can use hydrogen peroxide and TTO on you sock laundry. The h2o2 is the active ingredient in color safe bleach. We use it on our diapers when we need to kill yeast. Works every time.

    I hope you can get to the root of it quickly without it spreading.

    How is it loOking today?
    Daughter of the King
    Wife to one
    Mama of two

    Too many blessings to count

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    535

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChamomileFriend View Post
    Can he wear sandals? Whether it is just from wearing the same shoes daily or athlete's foot, air and a little sunshine can help blisters to heal faster and also kill fungus because no moisture is allowed to gather on the foot/toes.
    he cant to school but since its the weekend now I will try that, thanks
    Mom to 4 boys (10,7,4,3)

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    535

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by melloyellochelle View Post
    TTO is a great antifungal (and antibacterial). You can use hydrogen peroxide and TTO on you sock laundry. The h2o2 is the active ingredient in color safe bleach. We use it on our diapers when we need to kill yeast. Works every time.

    I hope you can get to the root of it quickly without it spreading.

    How is it loOking today?

    really? I did not know that about color safe bleach, I will have to get some, how about inside shoes? any ideas? that antifungal powder is like $7 theres gotta be a more natural(preferably cheaper lol) way, and his toes did not spread any so it must be fungal since I put the lotrimon(for athlete foot) on it, so thats wonderful news I thought I was losing the battle this week lol, so lets hope it starts going away and so far no one else has gotten it, he has to wear flip flops in the house he cannot go barefoot and the boys all share the same shower so he has to wear flip flops in the shower(what they recommend in public showers so I thought it would help at home lol) and he is such a trooper I havent heard one complaint about the new rules until his feet are healed,

    thanks ladies yall are really helping me figure this out, I appreciate it
    Mom to 4 boys (10,7,4,3)

  9. #9

    Default

    I hope it heals up soon and that your baby's rash clears up, too

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    535

    Default

    Thank you And me too I need sleep lol, well dh says the only cure for athlete foot is powder and lots of it to keep moisture out after he nagged and insisted and while at the er dh watching boys he did it(just powder only no meds) well it's worse then ever now, i was treating with cream and putting powder in shoes, dh dumped the powder in his socks an shoes lol so I told him just let me handle it lol, we soaked his feet in apple cider vinegar and putting lotriman on them that's what had stopped them from spreading and I started him on a probiotic too so hopefully praying I don't have to end up taking him to dr this week too,
    Mom to 4 boys (10,7,4,3)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •