Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ear infections... Round 3!

Praise the Lord he is feeling better. What a HUGE blessing!!

To ferment your own kefir, you need kefir grains, but once you have them you just put them in milk (I prefer the higher fat dairy, makes the kefir smoother) and leave them to ferment on your counter. Once they are fermented you take the grains out and then you can put the kefir in the fridge.
    Look for Doms kefir site online, it tells you EVERYTHING about fermenting kefir and where to get grains. I wouldn't spend over $10 for grains, but look and ask around first before you do, some people can give you baby grains for free.

Any other questions, feel free to ask!
    Blessings,
    Amber
    Mom to Emma Simone (9/1/05), Noah Reagan (5/1/07-5/3/07), Makelah Rose (9/11/08 ), Savannah Kacy Grace (11/05/10), Spencer Casey (11/05/10), and Xander due 10/2012

Thanks for hte info on kefir Amber. I'll have to see if I know anyone local that would have the grains. Not sure I do. Hmmmm.....
    Daughter of the King
    Wife to one
    Mama of two

Too many blessings to count

Quote Originally Posted by savedbygrace View Post
    they are thick! you only need one drop in each ear and you don't have to warm them up. When I used them on myself it warmed up on its own inside my ear. (don't ask why or how) but it did and seriously I love those drops. Like I said I have not taken Ellie to the Dr.'s once after using the drops. Glad you liked them!
    Interesting! I just warmed them up because I saw on a review someone else had done that to help loosen them up a little bit. But good to know they don't *need* to be warmed.

I am backing down to one drop in each ear twice daily today from one drop three times daily. Then I'll do once a day tomorrow or Friday. Just want to be sure it's gone gone gone.
    Daughter of the King
    Wife to one
    Mama of two

:grumble:grumble:grumble:

Maybe I spoke too soon?? He's not been sleeping well last night and tonight. Finally gave him more ibuprofen tonight. We'll see if that seems to help. I have been putting drops in still though.

Sigh.

Please Lord, heal my baby boy. Give me wisdom and insight into his little body and what he needs. Thank You Lord for promising to be our Great Physician. In You I trust with the baby boy You blessed me with. We love You and praise You for Your good works in and through Charlie. In Jesus name we pray, Amen.
    Daughter of the King
    Wife to one
    Mama of two

So the ibuprofen did very little to help. He spiked a fever, not too high,, I could tell. But he was miserable. Out of desperation for ANY help, I popped a few teething tablets in his mouth around 2:45am. He'd been up crying and pretty inconsolable since 10:30 or so. Anyway, after he had the tablets, within a minute or two he was out cold! Sleeping like rock. And slept well for a few hours. So.... hmmmm.... maybe it's teething I'm dealing with now and NOT the EI. ???

Need to find his amber necklace stat. And... I should have had tht on this whole time. Would have been helping with his EI pains too. D'Oh!!!!
    Daughter of the King
    Wife to one
    Mama of two

So sorry, Michelle. It's so discouraging when our little ones are sick, especially when it goes on and on. Teething would be better than an ear infection, though, right? Hang in there...hope you ALL get some good sleep tonight!
    ~Lynn
    Blessed to be a wife and mommy
    Noah Michael~Feb. 2008
    Margaret Joy~Nov. 2011

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12