Thread: I'm wondering if it's time to wean

Where the wind comes sweeping down the plains.

Default I'm wondering if it's time to wean

Sigh, I am starting to think it's time to wean. Lil Man still wants to nurse. I let him in the morning and before bed but..he keeps playing around. He's not really interested in getting milk and I'm not sure that I'm producing very much. He's more interested in playing with me. Squeezing, pinching, going back and forth between sides. It's frustrating and he gets cut off when he starts. I'm starting to wonder if it's time to wean him. I hate to do it but if he's not doing it for milk then maybe it's time.

When did you feel it was time? How did you do it?
    Sarah
    Wife to David (9yrs)
    3 little blessings call me Mommy~ Aidan Rose (7), Erin Elizabeth (5) and Coltin Tye (1 1/2)

I blog at http://www.myownlittlecornerblog.com/

Maybe it is time if he's no longer interested. My first son was that way and I had no choice but to train him on the sippy cup (he was only 9 months at the time!) because he was plain no longer interested in me. He was my first breastfed baby and maybe I was nervous with him or something. Anyway, usually with mine, they start weaning themselves by 1 1/2 because usually I'm getting pregnant about that time. Sorry, I couldn't be much help. If you're no longer interested in increasing your milk supply with garlic consumption or whatever ------- then I guess, it's time to wean if your supply is low anyway.
    JULIE
    married July 1989
    husband + 12 gifts

I have read that this is a natural way for little ones to increase your milk supply. If you would like to keep nursing you could try increasing your milk supply and changing the behavior you allow. I remember one of mine doing this and it was awkward in public. I had to say no way.

http://kellymom.com/ages/older-infan...ing-manners-2/
    Kathaleen ~ Mamma to 4 at home & 2 daughters in our hearts.

Well, I kind of missed the weaning train with Grace. Lol. She's still going at 2 1/2. Although I think she is really slowing down now. She will fall asleep at night not nursing. That's huge for her. She will nurse for awhile but then fall asleep on her own. She can't do it at nap on her own yet though. But she had made Ty association of nursing with babies. I have never told her it was for babies. But she'll say things like "I baby. I nigh nighs." That's what she calls it. Then she says Charlie can do nigh nighs. And babies do nigh nighs. Anyway. It's just interesting. I think she's figuring she is a big girl but wants to hold on to that still. I don't wan to push her too much but I am pretty ready to wean with her.

On the other hand, Charlie is much like your little man. There are times he just isn't interacted. I've wondered if he was trying to strike even. But he gives in because he's tired and eventually hungry. But sometimes he plops back and forth between sides. Or moves through five hundred positions! Good grief! Lol! But he is still getting plenty of milk and nursing down. So yeah.

Basically I'm of no help! Haha. Sorry. :/
    Daughter of the King
    Wife to one
    Mama of two

Too many blessings to count

Zakariah has started to blow raspberries..which makes a big mess..i take him off and say no..
    ***LORI***
    wife of Benjamin('97) Mommy to Kwynn('00),Jakob('03), Grayce('04) and Zakariah(sept '11)