Thread: Interesting Article re: the Pill

Default Interesting Article re: the Pill

I don't want to post this to cause fear or guilt or controversy or anything along those lines. I'm posting it as an FYI, something to consider, etc. I know that since I am already on one side of the fence, it's easy to read something like this. But I don't want to offend anyone on the other side. Does that make sense?

Anyway... I do think it's interesting and want to share.

http://www.thehealthyhomeeconomist.c...childs-health/
    Daughter of the King
    Wife to one
    Mama of two

Too many blessings to count

That is an interesting article, Michelle.

It is a fact that the Pill depletes nutrients and I have heard about the link to yeast overgrowth.

I have never taken b/c but have yeast problems caused by steroids and antibiotics and my children have yeast issues.

I was reading an article the other day that recommended switching from hormonal b/c to FAM for a period of time before trying to conceive, for this very reason, to build up your body's nutrients.

What I wish, is that patients were more fully informed about side effects. All drugs (and b/c is a drug) have side effects. It is not right for doctors to gloss over the side effects. People need to be properly informed when making decisions that may affect their health.

ETA: Here is an article that I found that goes into nutritional issues from the pill as well.
    http://www.leaflady.org/bcpillnutrition.htm
    Last edited by BlessedMommy; 02-24-2011 at 06:37 PM.
    ~Ruth, wife to Tim and mom to Hannah (6), Micah (3 1/2), and baby Abigail born on March 5, 2012!

That is very interesting...I did not know that....I don't take b/c pills because it screws with my hormones lol no seriously way back when ds1 was little I tried them, they put me on some weak ones and I bleed the entire time became very anemic and they said oh well you need stronger ones and then the little stronger ones gave me severe migrains so bad it blurred my vision I couldn't see straight(and I never ever get headaches) and after that I said NO MORE I couldn't take anymore torture lol (not saying b/c is torture its just my body doesn't agree with it) I tried the depo shot too yrs later with a promise it would be different and I bleed for a 1.5mos my ob gave me something to help stop it(I guess counter act the shot) because it was scarey draining my body and after that I made a vow to never again I don't care what is new my body does not like its hormones being messed with lol so basically I am scared b/c lol
    Mom to 4 boys (10,7,4,3)

It's true! So many side effects of the Pill are NOT common knowledge. Sadly, I have a doctor friend that I know would read this article and disagree with a lot of it. Drugs/meds are just taken so lightly in the US. I think it's sad and I don't think it's 'natural.'

Melinda, what you described, can be pretty common. I think most women though just keep changing the type of pill/BC they use instead of realizing that playing with our natural hormone levels isn't healthy. Just some of us our bodies show it sooner than later.

Anyway... glad you all enjoyed it too.
    Daughter of the King
    Wife to one
    Mama of two

Smile

Interesting article, Michelle. I had never heard about birth control pills depleting nutrients. I guess that's just another reason to not take them.

I had heard about birth control pills increasing your risk of cervical and breast cancer because these types of cancers seem to be caused or expedited by estrogen. I once read that being on birth control for only 5 years significantly increases your risk of cancer. It's sad to see such young girls taking the pill. I have had 15 year old students talking about being on the pill! Imagine if they decide to stay on it until they are in their mid to late 20s! What will all of those synthetic hormones have done to their bodies?!

I wish that doctors would inform patients about the risks associated with the pill more. My former obgyn laughed at me when I denied the pill. He told me that I would just end up 'keeping him in business' because NFP doesn't work. (I now see a midwife who is MUCH more accepting/supportive of the wishes of her clients )
    Christina

Married to: Jake (8/1/09)
    Mommy to: Elizabeth 'Lizzy' Grace (5/7/10)
    & Zachary James (2/1/12)

I had forgotten all about that article.

I remember when you said that about your OB. I'm SO glad you found your midwives and a more supportive birthing hospital. I want to go there!! Maybe Brock will get a job in IN! Haha!
    Daughter of the King
    Wife to one
    Mama of two

Very interesting. Thanks for sharing Michelle. I have taken the pill off & on since being married almost 15 years ago. I was off of it for 3 years before having eldest but not that long when becoming pregnant with baby. Boy how smart I would've been if I'd been a part of this site earlier in my life. I like the pill. For me it's easy. I've never had any side effects from it.
    Tiffany
    Married to DH since 7/26/97
    Mom to 2 boys
    Eldest-2004
    Baby-2007