By Jill Hart
Summer is one of the most difficult seasons for entrepreneur moms. Juggling work with kids who need extra attention and outside playtime can make for some stressful days. You want to have fun, but you also know that the demands of business require your attention. Here are a few tips that will help you get through the summer and stay sane in the process.
1. Look For Ways To Add Passive Income. Spend the time to create that ebook or program that runs without you. Another way to create passive income is to get more involved in affiliate programs. Find programs that fit your audience and then offer these great products to them. They'll thank you for it and you'll make a little extra cash.
2. Enjoy Your Freedom. In this day and age you can work almost anywhere. So, this summer don't stay inside hit the park and bring your laptop. Head to the beach and write or proof documents there. Be sure to keep a running list of documents that you'll need access to or take advantage of an online document service such as Google Docs so that your files can be reached from wherever you are.
3. Keep Marketing. The summertime can make you want to kick your feet up and relax, but don't get lazy and don't believe the hype. Yes, it can be slower in the summer, but it doesn't have to be. You can be out there marketing and growing your business while others lose ground.
4. Prepare for Summer Storms. Make sure you have back-ups of everything. Consider an online back-up system such as Carbonite or Mozy in addition to flash drives. If you live in a state that is prone to storms (such as Florida), consider a generator in case you are without power. Make sure you print out important contact information such as client information, passwords, etc.
5. Balance Your Schedule And Rely On Your To-do List. Prioritize the work that needs to be done. Keep in mind as many work-at-home moms, your kids will be around more and even if they are older kids, this can difficult and you can lose your focus. But proper planning can help. So, start the summer off right by scheduling out your days - allowing some flexibility - and getting things done.
6. Treat Yourself To Training. Summer is a great time to get the jump on extra training or attending networking events to grow your business. Since many businesses do slow down in the summer, many offer incentives and discounts. Find a program that fits your budget and schedule and go for it!
These tips will help you enjoy your summer and get things done.
Join the Christian Mommies Forums to participate in our friendly online community, and have grown-up conversation with other Christian moms. As an alternative try our "Mom Site" Affiliate Moms of Faith's online community.
Christian Mommies Home Page - Site Map
Facebook Page - Pinterest - Twitter
Copyright © 2001-2018 Christian-Mommies.com ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.