Eight Great Prayers to Pray for Your Children
By Cheri Fuller
The Bible is full of verses which express His will for your kids and His plans for them both in this life and in the life to come. Let me encourage you to let His Word shape your prayers for your children. Whether they are young or adult children, put their names in these verses to personalize them and pray them with confidence and hope:
- That they would be “taught of the Lord” and great will be their peace (Isaiah 54:13)
- That they would hide His Word in their hearts (Psalm 119:11)
- That God would fill them with the knowledge of His will so they can walk in a way that’s pleasing to Him and their life will bear fruit (Col. 1:9)
- That their hearts would be flooded with light so they could understand the wonderful future God has promised to those He called (Ephesians 1:17-19)
- That they would trust in the Lord with all their hearts and not lean on their own understanding (Proverbs 3:5-6)
- That they would not worry or be afraid but pray about everything, and the peace of God would guard their hearts and minds in Christ Jesus (Philippians 4:6-9)
- That God’s favor would surround them like a shield whether at school or work (Psalm 5:12)
Here is a great promise for you, moms, and your children to believe and pray:
“For I know the plans I have for you,”says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. In those days when you pray, I will listen. You will find Me when you seek Me, if you look for Me in earnest” (Jeremiah 29:11-13)
Copyright 2006 Cheri Fuller. Adapted from the three books in Cheri Fuller’s series for parents and teachers entitled SCHOOL SAAVY KIDS. The series includes: Talkers, Watchers, & Doers: Unlocking Your Child’s Learning Potential; Raising Motivated Kids; and School Starts at Home—all published by NavPress/Pinon and available on amazon.com or by ordering from your local bookstore.
Use only by permission of author. Visit www.cherifuller.com for more resources and encouragement for parents.