By Elisabeth Corcoran
I had to open up my computer calendar to recall this past year. Unfortunately, I didn't start using it until June, so the first half is quite the blur, I'm afraid. Let's see.. what milestones happened in the life of the Corcoran family in 2005?
- My son turned 7 and my daughter 9, entering 2nd and 3rd grades. (Unbelievable. I could swear I just gave birth like two or three weeks ago.)
- I helped organize a capital campaign at church, which nearly sucked the life out of me (maybe that's why January through May is a daze).
- My second book came out: answer to prayer.
- I turned thirty-five: no comment.
- (I started wearing black every day due to the previously mentioned milestone.)
- My marriage turned 12, so my husband and I spent a few days in Michigan to celebrate.
- A few girlfriends and I went away for a couple days just for the fun of it, and we had a blast.
- My husband took on a leadership role at church that really suits him beautifully.
- My oldest friend got married to a wonderful man whom she'd been waiting a long time to find.
- Both kids (finally!) learned to ride two-wheelers.
- Jack can read and Sara's writing in cursive.
- I started running every day (which is huge for me - to quote a friend who I wholeheartedly agree with, "I only run when someone's chasing me."), thankfully, not any more.
- A huge trial became a part of our daily lives and we continue to wait to see the outcome.
- I came back into an intimacy with God that I had known many times over my almost 20 years walking with Him, but hadn't felt in quite awhile.
Wow, so much has happened in just one year, and I'm sure I'm just scratching the surface. So many things have changed. The interesting thing is seeing the differences --- the things that one of us chose to change and to see the things that sort of changed all on their own. Comforting, scary and exciting all at the same time.
What's your year been like? Anything you wish you could forget? Things you are so completely grateful for? Anything left open-ended that maybe you need to have a conversation with God about? I think this year the thing I'm walking away with is how hard and just plain odd life can be; but, even when we don't feel it, we can continue to count on some things that will never, ever change - our God is good, our God is faithful, our God is loving.. always, always, always. May He carry us into 2006, and may we be so very aware of His goodness, faithfulness, and love --- maybe even more than ever before.
Happy New Year, Moms!
Join the Christian Mommies Forums to participate in our friendly online community, and have grown-up conversation with other Christian moms. As an alternative try our "Mom Site" Affiliate Moms of Faith's online community.
Christian Mommies Home Page - Site Map
Facebook Page - Pinterest - Twitter
Copyright © 2001-2017 Christian-Mommies.com ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.