> Moments For Moms
Moments for Mom April 2007
By Elisabeth Corcoran
Boy, did I ever open up the floodgates last month when I asked for your advice on my crazy-busy life as a working (-outside-of-the-home) mom! I heard from working-outside-of-the-home moms, stay-at-home moms, stay-at-home moms with their own businesses, grandmas, and yes, two men. (Interestingly, the two men both suggested that I shouldn't work.) Anyway, I had 26 pages of advice to filter through. And you were honest and funny and challenging. I was encouraged to hear I wasn't alone in this struggle yet you all gave me really great things to ponder.
I heard a lot of similar thoughts, so I'm consolidating a few gems because, as promised, I wanted to pass along the words of wisdom you all sent on to me:
- How do we do it? I've got one word: Delegate! And don't be afraid or too proud to ask for help. Ask the Lord to show you where you need help and who you can ask for help.
- Neglect the unnecessary. Let go of what you can.
- Make sure you love your job, and that you can't picture doing anything else. How does this help? Your job is going to place a good deal of stress on you, no matter what you do. So it's important to love your job, because your life will be so much more miserable if you dread going to work every day. You may be absolutely worn out when you get home, but you'll be happy if you've done something you love all day.
- God wants us to mess up or even get tired so he can show us that we can cast all our care on Him. Sometimes as moms we feel like we can do all things and we forget that God is even there. So he allows us to go through a period were we are just tired so he can carry us and restore us.
- I had to surrender my life to God. EVERYTHING!
- God's task for me is to be a good mother, not to be the most popular woman at church or work. It's okay to say no!
- Neither side of the grass is easy, so don't judge each other.
- I PRAY! And I try to remember that God chose ME for this role...ok, ALL these roles. I should feel honored and not overwhelmed.
- If we stay connected as we should to our Heavenly Father - He will not give more than we can handle and He also provides the grace to see us through each season.
- During the day when I am at work I slow down to tell him how much I love him and I thank him constantly!
One other thing really stood out to me --- I need to be grateful for what I've got. I heard many stories of women really struggling with their time and their life circumstances in ways I'll never be able to understand. So though I'm crazy-busy, my life is filled with good things. And I bet yours is too.
Want more Moments for Mom? Browse the archives...
12/2010 | 5/2010 | 4/2008 | 3/2008 | 2/2008 | 1/2008 | 11/2007 | 10/2007 | 9/2007 | 8/2007 | 6/2007 | 5/2007 | 4/2007 | 3/2007 | 2/2007 | 1/2007 | 11/2006 | 10/2006 | 9/2006 | 8/2006 | 7/2006 | 6/2006 | 5/2006 | 4/2006 | 3/2006 | 2/2006 | 1/2006 | 12/2005 | 11/2005 | 10/2005 | 9/2005 | 8/2005 | 7/2005 | 6/2005 | 5/2005 | 4/2005 | 3/2005 | 2/2005 | 1/2005 | 12/2004 | 11/2004 | 10/2004 | 9/2004 | 8/2004 | 7/2004 | 6/2004 | 5/2004 | 4/2004 | 3/2004 | 2/2004 | 1/2004 | 12/2003 | 11/2003 | 10/2003 | 9/2003 | 8/2003 | 7/2003 | 6/2003 | 5/2003 | 4/2003 | 3/2003 | 2/2003 | 1/2003 | 12/2002 | 11/2002 | 10/2002 | 9/2002 | 8/2002 | 7/2002 | 6/2002 | 5/2002 | 4/2002 | 3/2002 | 1/2002 | 2/2002 | 12/2001 | 11/2001 | 10/2001 | September
11, 2001 | 8/2001
Join the Christian Mommies Forums to participate in our friendly online community, and have grown-up conversation with other Christian moms. As an alternative try our "Mom Site" Affiliate Moms of Faith's online community.
Christian Mommies Home Page - Site Map
Facebook Page - Pinterest - Twitter
Copyright © 2001-2017 Christian-Mommies.com ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.