By Cindy Morus
1. They can make mistakes under your guidance
2. They will learn how to save for the future
3. They will learn that money doesn’t “grow on trees”
4. They will appreciate what they have
5. They will learn to make choices and set priorities
6. They'll stop nagging you for money
7. There will be less friction in your household
8. They will learn healthy financial behaviors
9. They will learn your values
10. You can teach them that it isn’t all “about the money”
11. They will learn how to spend wisely
12. They will be prepared to enter the grown-up world.
13. Allowances will teach your children to be resourceful, independent and unique.
14. An allowance is a “tool to empower your children to avoid commercialism’s clutches.”
15. You can teach them to avoid the pitfalls of debt
16. You can help them improve their communication skills around money.
17. An allowance now could help them avoid future “marital money chaos”
18. They’ll learn the difference between quantity and quality.
19. They’ll learn how it feels to make a poor choice and have to live with it.
20. They’ll learn how to resist impulses (sometimes, maybe!)
21. They’ll learn to appreciate and take care of their things
For help in designing an Allowance system that works for your family, please contact Cindy at 541-387-2995 or by e-mail.
Join the Christian Mommies Forums to participate in our friendly online community, and have grown-up conversation with other Christian moms. As an alternative try our "Mom Site" Affiliate Moms of Faith's online community.
Christian Mommies Home Page - Site Map
Facebook Page - Pinterest - Twitter
Copyright © 2001-2017 Christian-Mommies.com ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.