By Susie Cortright
Here are ten simple pleasures you can enjoy with your children this month.
1. Ask your child to read a book to you. Younger children can look at the pictures and describe what's going on in the book. Older children can read a current chapter in the book they are reading.
2. Make a Back-to-School time capsule with each child. This is a great tradition for the first week of school. Over the years, you'll have an album of memories that really tells a story.
3. Choose one Saturday this month to be Kids' Day. For one day this month, they choose what to eat for meals, when to get dressed, what to do!
4. Ask each family member to start a gratitude journal. Younger children can draw pictures instead of words.
5. Make a big bowl of popcorn, gather pillows, dim the lights and splurge on a Pay-Per-View kids movie.
6. Take a walk with your children and let them decide the pace, as well as where to go. Allow them to linger over a stream or a single flower if they wish. Budget a lot more time for this than you might think you need so you're sure to be unhurried and relaxed.
7. Plan a short bit of "special time" with each child; an hour or so to connect over hot cocoa or lemonade. Ask them about new friendships and express a genuine interest in their social lives at the beginning of this school year.
8. Take an art class with your child.
9. Blast music when you all are doing chores together.
10. Start working on homemade holiday gifts together. Now is the time to make some headway on those fun projects and still be relaxed enough to enjoy the process.
© Susie Michelle Cortright
Susie Cortright is the founder of momscape.com and Momscape's Scrapbooking Playground -
http://www.momscape.com/scrapbooking. Join her scrapbooking club here:
http://www.momscape.com/scrapbooking/scrapbook-club or learn more about starting your own scrapbooking business on Susie's team.
Read more articles by Susie Michelle Cortright.
Join the Christian Mommies Forums to participate in our friendly online community, and have grown-up conversation with other Christian moms. As an alternative try our "Mom Site" Affiliate Moms of Faith's online community.
Christian Mommies Home Page - Site Map
Facebook Page - Pinterest - Twitter
Copyright © 2001-2017 Christian-Mommies.com ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.