> Ageless Articles
> Behaviour and Relationships Archives
Bully Advice for Kids
By Kathy Noll
Bullies can make you feel:
How a bully becomes a bully:
- He is angry.
- Someone might have bullied him in the past.
- He has a low self-esteem. He thinks controlling you will help him feel better about himself.
- He might have been exposed to a lot of violence in the media. (TV, books...) A lot of movies make violence look cool. But if you look closer, the "good guy" is always cooler!
- His caretakers might have lacked in supervision. They might have been too busy to teach him how wrong it is to hurt others. Or maybe they spoiled him, making him think he can do anything he wants, including bullying!
What to do about bullies:
- Inform your parents and teachers.
- Travel to school and social events in groups. Don't walk alone. Avoid the bully at all costs.
- Ignore him. That will take away his power he "thinks" he has over you. He'll get bored, and go look for someone else to pick on.
- Confront him with the problem. Do this only if the bullying is mental, not physical. Maybe you can explain how it makes you feel. If he doesn't care, and continues to bully you, report him, and avoid him.
- Take a safety training workshop. This should only be used as a last resort (in self defense). Using this to show off for your friends, or simply because someone made you angry, could lead to law suits, and YOU becoming a bully!
I hope this information helps you. Take care of yourselves & stay safe.
Join the Christian Mommies Forums to participate in our friendly online community, and have grown-up conversation with other Christian moms. As an alternative try our "Mom Site" Affiliate Moms of Faith's online community.
Christian Mommies Home Page - Site Map
Facebook Page - Pinterest - Twitter
Copyright © 2001-2018 Christian-Mommies.com ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.